A Mother’s Guide to Health in Body, Mind, and Intimate Relationships
Better Care for Mothers
co-authored with Jan Hanson, L.Ac., and Ricki Pollycove, M.D.
Mothers today juggle more tasks, work longer hours, and sleep less than their own mothers did. Yet the self-healing revolution has overlooked the most significant issue in the lives of some twenty million women: how to cope with the relentless, sometimes overwhelming, stresses of raising young children in the twenty-first century.
Only Mother Nurture:
- considers the long-term well-being and health of mothers
- explains how women can become physically depleted as a result of the demands and stresses of raising a family today
- identifies the Depleted Mother Syndrome many women experience
- presents a comprehensive, integrated program of care for a mother’s body, mind, and intimate relationships
- tells in detail how a mom and dad can work together and share the load fairly
- integrates the perspectives of a psychologist, acupuncturist/nutritionist, and obstetrician/gynecologist.
This is more than another self-help book.
With compelling evidence, clear logic, and heartfelt personal testimony, it is a manifesto for an idea whose time has come: that our society absolutely must take better care of its mothers – and by doing so, take better care of its fathers, children, and families.
Much of what you do is to serve the needs of others. When do you serve yourself?
Order Your Copy
Mother Nurture was published in 2002 and is currently out of print. It is available in eBook and secondhand formats from these retailers: