On today’s episode of the Being Well Podcast, Dr. Hanson and Forrest look at the role finding and taking pleasure has in the process of building mental strengths.
- 0:20: Why focus on taking pleasure.
- 1:45: The many little opportunities to take pleasure.
- 4:05: The psychological benefits of pleasure.
- 6:50: Why do so many people struggle with taking pleasure?
- 9:45: Consumption vs. appreciation
- 13:00: How can we get better at taking pleasure?
- 16:00: Finding pleasure through relating.
- 19:30: Recap of finding and taking pleasure
Dr. Rick Hanson offers 57 brief practices that strengthen the neural networks of deep well-being and resilience.
This program gives you just one thing to focus on each day to gradually change your brain for the better so you can handle the stresses and challenges of everyday life with greater ease, inner strength, and confidence.
Each practice is grounded in modern neuroscience and ancient wisdom, and Rick’s background in the very real world of business and raising a family.
Practices include a 1-2 minute video explaining the importance of the practice and how to do it, a recap, reflection, and suggestion for integrating it into your daily life, weekly emails with inspiration, support, and encouragement, an audio download, transcription, and printable handout.
They’re quick and easy to do, and each repetition strengthens key neural circuits – just like building a muscle in the gym. It’s the law of little things: a small thing repeated each day adds up to big results. Just one thing… that could change your life.
Use the code BEINGWELL at checkout for 10% off the purchase price.