Today we’re going to continue our series on “Who Am I” by looking at one of the most well-known personality disorders: sociopathy. We’ll explore what it is, where it comes from, and how to deal with a sociopath.
Today we’re going to continue our series on “Who Am I” by looking at one of the most well-known personality disorders: sociopathy. We’ll explore what it is, where it comes from, and what we can do to interact more skillfully with people who possess it.
We also spend a little time investigating how we can work with our own tendencies in that direction if we happen to possess them.
Some of the material we explore includes:
- How a sociopath differs from a psychopath.
- What are some of the key traits that define a sociopath.
- What does sociopathy at the “5% level” look like?
- Where does sociopathy come from?
- What can we do to manage our relationship with a sociopath if we can’t just get away from them?
- 01:05: What are the definitions of psychopath and sociopath?
- 05:34: What are the attributes of anti-social personality disorder?
- 10:26: What does a person, showing a little bit of sociopathic behavior, look like day-to-day?
- 13:12: Where does sociopathy come from?
- 20:16: What can we do when in a relationship with a sociopathic person?
- 26:37: What can we do to make our relationships with “5% sociopaths” more positive?
Dr. Rick Hanson offers 57 brief practices that strengthen the neural networks of deep well-being and resilience.
This program gives you just one thing to focus on each day to gradually change your brain for the better so you can handle the stresses and challenges of everyday life with greater ease, inner strength, and confidence.
Each practice is grounded in modern neuroscience and ancient wisdom, and Rick’s background in the very real world of business and raising a family.
Practices include a 1-2 minute video explaining the importance of the practice and how to do it, a recap, reflection, and suggestion for integrating it into your daily life, weekly emails with inspiration, support, and encouragement, an audio download, transcription, and printable handout.
They’re quick and easy to do, and each repetition strengthens key neural circuits – just like building a muscle in the gym. It’s the law of little things: a small thing repeated each day adds up to big results. Just one thing… that could change your life.
Use the code BEINGWELL at checkout for 10% off the purchase price.